AFV Exotic Arts is designed to be a safe, non-judgmental space where creativity and confidence can be nurtured through the exotic arts. You will have a blast!
How old do I need to be to attend class?
You must be 18 years of age.
Is there an an age limit?
While there is no age limit, I reserve the right to decline instruction of lessons as dancing can be demanding on the body.
What is offered at the studio?
Private classes and parties: These are made by appointment.
“The Trysts” are 1 on 1 private 60 minute classes (1, 4, 8, 12 packages)
“You & Me, Oui” are 1 on 1 private 90 minute classes (1, 4 packages)
“Fete Duet” is a 2 person private class.
“We Spree” is a 3-6 person private class.
“Sensual Soiree” is a 4-10 person private party. (60, 90 and 2 hour options)
“Showgirl Experience” We come to your hotel, home or event space to perform and teach. Women Only.
Can you tell me more about your private classes?
The curriculum is designed to nurture creativity and confidence, in depth. These classes are therapy for the mind and for the body. What we discover during these classes embodies what AFV Exotic Arts is all about. Choose to explore pole, chair, floor, burlesque and/or props. These classes are tailored to you based on your personal goals. Private lessons are 90 minutes or 60 minutes (Includes warmup, review of skills, introduction of new material, curriculum work, dancing, workout, and a stretch).
Do you have public drop-in classes?
I do not. I offer scheduled public workshops at times.
What is the weight limit for the poles?
The weight limit is 250 pounds per pole.
Are men welcome in the studio?
Yes, please take class! Anyone, male or female, may book a private class/es or party with whomever they want!
What’s inside the studio?
- Shiny floor with a cushion built in underneath. Absolutely no concrete under your feet!
- Three competition grade stainless steel poles that are three different widths, so you may play around with different sizes. Two of these are spinning poles. Of course, the spinning mode is optional.
- Chairs for each participant.
- The Prop Shop Cabinet, where you can find objects and articles of clothing to enhance your dance.
May I see the studio before I book a private class or party?
Yes! Call to schedule a time. Also be aware that videos of the studio are on the facebook page and on youtube.
What should I bring to class?
- Knickers (short shorts), if you plan to explore pole dancing.
- Exotic dance heels, if you want. If you do wear heels, please invest in “stripper heels” that have a platform and an ankle strap. Any shoes with rhinestones, studs, buckles, or hooks will not be allowed since they will scratch the floor and poles.
What should I leave at home?
- ABSOLUTELY NO LOTION OR OIL SHOULD BE ON YOUR BODY THE DAY OF!
This is a major saftely concern and must be taken seriously.
- Please remove all hand and arm jewelry. You will not be allowed on the poles until jewelry is removed.
- Food nor alcohol is allowed. No alcohol before your session.
What is the teaching method?
Structure, technique, and injury prevention are at the top of my list. I am very adamant about the warm up and post class stretches. During the instructional portion of the class, I will introduce the move, demonstrate the move, break down the move, and then we will break down the move together. I am thorough and fun. This is your safe space and I want you to be comfortable.
What are your class policies?
My class policies are as follows:
- Classes will only be booked after your payment has been received.
- Sensual Soiree (Party) and We Spree group classes will only be scheduled after the security deposit has been paid at least 48 hours in advance of the event. Less than 48hour party booking will add an additional $50 to total. Less than 48 hour We Spree Group class bookings will add an additional $25 to total.
- There are no refunds.
- All single classes expire 60 days after purchase.
- You may cancel and re-schedule the same class twice before forfeiting the class. Less than 6 hour cancellation is a class forfeit for classes in a package.